My strengths as a personal injury attorney.
Approximately 80% of injuries happen on the job. Most attorneys who claim to handle those cases, are actually looking for a "third-party" cases--I handle both types of cases. I know the law of work-injury litigation and I help people whether they are injured on land or sea. In fact, the attorney who handles your "third party" case should either handle your worker's compensation case or work very closely with someone who does. This is because your worker's compensation benefits will have to be paid back in the event of any recovery from the third party case.
I work to provide the best legal services through the following practices:
- I am bilingual (Spanish).
- I’m willing to take their case as far as needed to get results, whether in mediation, the trial court, or the supreme court.
- I firmly believe in the U.S Constitution's promise to protect your right to go to court.
- I trust the jury system.
- I listen to each of my client’s different opinions regarding the direction they want their case to go.
When my clients come to me, they’re in pain, they’re fearful, they’re stressed, they feel betrayed, and sometimes all of the above. I want to alleviate as much of those negative feelings as possible. I pursue this by taking charge of their case. I want my clients to focus on recovery and the other facets of their lives affected by their accident.
Types of personal injury cases I take.
Personal injury cases can be classified by their severity and the circumstance the injury was inflicted. I handle cases involving,
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Maritime Injuries
- Truck Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Workers’ Compensation
- Industrial Accidents
**I also handle Insurance Law & Breach of Contract cases.**
I am proud to serve Corpus Christi and surrounding areas in Southern Texas. I will travel wherever my clients are, depending on their case. My clients appreciate my willingness to bring my legal expertise to them, especially when their injury has left them unable to travel.
My top two goals in personal injury lawsuits
The founder of Stone & Horne LLP, Hubert L. Stone, was a mentor for me. I tried my first case in the first year I was out of law school, and Hubert and I went on to refer clients to one another — mostly workers’ comp cases — and soon I became a partner at his firm and developed these goals,
- Pursuing the highest compensation possible for my clients
- Getting my clients justice for their damages and injuries
I consult with each client before filing a suit about the exact jurisdiction of their case. After obtaining the information, I help determine whether or not they have a case. It’s important that my clients know exactly what they are facing and what they can expect moving forward.
If you have suffered a personal injury due to negligence or an accident, or you are in the middle of an insurance battle, I can help. Call me today, and we can schedule a free consultation
- Texas State Bar, 1994
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2011
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2010
- US District Court, Western District of Texas, 2010
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas, 1996
- The United States Supreme Court
- Federal Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- Baylor University School of Law, 1994
- Texas Christian University, 1991
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Corpus Christi Bar Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Airplane Owners and Pilots Association
- FAA Instrument Rated Private Pilot
- American Bar Association